Thursday, November 06, 2008

 

Linkslut, Nov 8

posted by barsoomcore

Some links that have built up over the past while and ought to be shared.

The best commentary I've read on the U.S. election:

Yesterday, we built huge corporations to do tiny, incremental things - tomorrow, we must build small organizations that can do tremendously massive things.

The Homeless World Cup. People can sure be awesome.

Utility-scale solar power. Plus Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Finally, I spent my morning re-reading one of my favourite stories of all times: Bad Aliens, Zombie Toddlers and Drunk Southern Girls With Guns, by the same author as the recent Transformers movie. And about six thousands times more fun (no offense, John, but there just weren't enough drunk southern girls with guns in the movie. Try to fix that in the sequel, okay?). Just so you understand how completely freaking awesome this story is:

“That,” Denis said authoritatively, “was no mutilated cow. It was just mutilated.” When the others stared blankly, he continued. “UFO mutilations follow a very distinct pattern. That cow – if it’s like the others – didn’t have that pattern. It was not clinically dispatched, it was killed, then the soft parts were eaten away by small carnivores. But not the ones you’d think.” He produced an evidence baggie. Within it was a small tooth. “I recovered this from within the brain matter remaining in the skull.”

“Doesn’t look like an animal,” Ross said.

“It’s not.” Denis held it up for all to see. “It’s got a silver filling. This is a human tooth.”

If that doesn't make you giggle with glee then, well, you're probably not a DM.

Labels:


Comments:
Some nights Sadie wakes up at 2 a.m. and won't go back to sleep until I bounce her in the sling for 45 minutes.

This happened last night.

I'm usually wide awake after the equivalent of 200 deep knee bends, so to pass the time until I'm sleepy again, I read.

Last night I started reading Bad Aliens, Zombie Toddlers and Drunk Southern Girls With Guns. Got through "Exit 23" and "Raw Recruits".

Needless to say, when I finally went back to sleep around 5 a.m., I had the most awesome dreams.

Sadie, thankfully, did not appear in them as a zombie toddler. I'm not ready for that plot line.
 
Heh heh heh...

My work here is done.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?